Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes | Actual Webinar Date: 17 December 2020
NGOs such as Greenpeace have highlighted the dangers from PFAS used in textiles to repel water and oil. However, regulators and policy makers all over the world have started to take action.
Currently, regulators and policy makers have started to take actions such as below:
- US EPA with its revamp of “Safer Choice” program for pots and pans
- EFSA with its new safety threshold for the main perfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS
- Denmark with its ban on Fluorinated Compounds in Paper and paperboard food contact materials
- EU Chemicals strategy with focused approach for PFAS
This webinar will provide a glimpse into these developments and explore the linkages between PFAS in environment to that in consumer products.
- PFAS Don’t feed the fish! (Findings from Environmental Research)
- PFAS in Consumer Products & the Global Sustainable Chemistry Eco-system
- No to PFAS – ChemSec’s PFAS Movement > how progressive companies can lead the way towards stronger regulations